Monday, January 10, 2011

Phone recovered! I'm so lucky!

I was notorious for losing my phone throughout college. You would think that working at T-mobile (downtown SF) and hearing countless "I lost my phone/my phone was stolen" stories, I would be more responsible with my own phone. Negative. 

Although I'm not in college anymore...and I don't work for T-mobile...some things never change...On Saturday night, I lost my phone. Back home, it would've been sold in the Tenderloin (aka The TL...aka The L's) for crack or hooked up with some Bay Bay kid's phone number (while still logged in my aim account)...

Not in Korea...
I get an email from my friend Laura:
  
Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Mandy!  haha
Some hot boy just called me from your phone.   He said u can pick it up at club MK.  He looks foward to seeing u :)
most of that is lies, but ur phone is at club mk.

Yesterday, I went to MK Club with my friend, Sheila, to pick up my phone.  We arrive at the entrance of the club and the three door guys wave us by (as if we were going clubbing on a Monday night).  Sheila and I say "핸드폰?" (pronunciation: "han-duh pone" translation: hand phone)  We had practiced the Korean pronunciation on the subway.  I say, "I'm Amanda." The door guy reaches out from underneath the podium and hands me my phone! I had never been so happy to see a flip phone in my life! 

As we walked away from MK Club, I began to wonder why they had called Laura? I looked through my call logs and message folders...there were numerous missed calls and texts from Sheila around the time I lost my phone and a couple unopened texts from other people... 

Then I saw one opened text message:

"sorry for running away last night" -Laura 1/9 2:05pm.


Only in Korea...The end.

1 comment: