Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dog eat dog world...

Hello there...

Daegu's weather has been bone-chilling cold! It actually snowed the other day.  Luckily, it hasn't happened since.


Anyways...before it became super frigid outside, I used to see a random dog roaming the streets in my neighborhood.  The dog looks like a wild coyote/fox mix or something.  I've seen "him" (just my assumption...I tend to assume all stray dogs are males unless told otherwise) in the park (picture above) on my way to school in the mornings. He walks along side a little shitzu mix who wears pink sweaters and the 70+year old man owner; they don't seem to mind the extra company. I soon found out he's just a stray in the neighborhood.   My friends in the neighborhood told me that some of the other neighbors feed him...which brings me to the purpose of this post.  Its a known fact that some Koreans do in fact eat dog; therefore, it is quite possible the stray dog has eaten dog!
Do I live in a dog eat dog world?


I've always tried to keep a distance from him because no one has confirmed his rabies status.  But I saw him on my way home from school one day and wanted to take his picture.  As I looked at him through my camera lense, we made eye contact! I snapped his photo and he proceeded to run after me! I didn't yell at him because I assumed he only spoke Korean, so I shouted: "UHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" He sniffed me and went about his business.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment