Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Am I really an ENGLISH teacher?

Growing up, my parents always told me I didn't speak English; I spoke "Mandanese".  "Mandanese" was my own dialect of English.  Only close family members and friends could understand the language.  Basically, I would talk to people as if they knew my thoughts, and I didn't practice censorship ("D"of mouth). I can still remember my mom saying, "Manda, you need to think before you talk."

Throughout my years of schooling, I've pretty much sqaushed Mandanese (on a rare occasion it comes out when I'm tired). Recently, I have not been able to form complete sentences...has Mandanese come back into my life?  The symptoms are unfamiliar...

SYMPTOMS:
  • act out each sentence or phrase (as if I'm playing charades)
  • talk like a cave woman.  "I go to park."
I hope there is a cure...

No comments:

Post a Comment