Sunday, October 3, 2010

Busan or Bust-Part II

Looking at my blog post from yesterday, I realized that I need to change the time on my laptop...it currently has Pacific Standard Time on it...

So where was I...Oh yes I showed a pic of Chuseok dinner...charming...I think I shall speak about the food...This segment is a mix between Bourdain's "No Reservations" and Zimmerman's "Bizarre Foods."
NOTE: May not be in chronilogical order...just providing a summary since I have some catching up to do...

Chuseok dinner was composed of Chapchae, Rice, Kimchi, Curry pancakes, and Yakgwa (traditional Korean cookie). Not included in the free meal was Soju and Makgeolli (provided by hostel-mates).



On our way to Haeundae Beach, we crossed paths with Haeundae Market (SHOCKING I KNOW)...Unfortunately, it was bascially closed. I use "basically" because there were a few vendors/stores open, but those are the vendors/stores that would be open during the apocalypse...


Even the eels were not working...what a bunch of lazy losers...


Busan is right by the ocean...so naturally there'd be beef...



We ate at this random restaurant on Gwangalli Beach...I looked over at one of the tables and saw this "nacho chicken salad" and instantly wanted it...impulse ordering is never a good thing....little did I knw I would be eating tortilla chips and lettuce because the chicken mixture was SO incredibly spicy it was unedible...   


Lastly, we went to the Busan's famous fish market! AND IT WAS OPEN! 


Here I am fake smiling in front of one of the many "pick your poison" fish vendors...we didn't end up eating there...we heard from our hostel-mates that they paid about $40 per person...um no thanks, maybe next time...definitely paying for experience...if I'm going to pay $40 for fresh fish, it better do somersaults or something (while dead)...


This little jerky stand is just outside the fish market...I believe they're dried manta rays...maybe sting rays...either way, as long as they are not under my feet in the ocean, I'm happy...


We left the fish market and went across the street to check out the shopping area (consumer goods)...while  being bumped around like cattle, we broke away from herd and stopped to get some street food...cheap and gets the job done...not sure what their health inspection score is, but I'm alive today to tell the story...

This concludes the food segment...

No comments:

Post a Comment